This is the source code for three compuational models used for generating connectivity and swimming functionality of spinal cord neurons in the Xenopus
tadpoles using biological data.
1. The first model uses biological data to reconstruct a complete map of synaptic interactions between spinal neuron (anatomical
connectome), in the folder "anatomical model".
2. The second model generalizes the anatomical model by averaging a number of anatomical connectomes and thus generating a matrix
of connection probabilities between the neurons, in the folder "probabilistic model".
3. The third model uses the previous two to generate connectivity between neurons and simulates the dynamics of this circuit
using Neuron (tested with version 7.3), in the folder "functional model".
A README file contained in the folder of each piece of the model explains how to run the simulations and give a description of the models.
For a more complete description of these models have a look at (please cite, if you are using this model):
- Borisyuk et al., 2014, PLoS One
- Roberts et al., 2014, Journal of Neuroscience
For any problem contact me.
Author: Andrea Ferrario, University of Plymouth
Last Update: 21/1/2018