See ChangeLog or "svn log" for details of evolution.
v1_3b: Cengiz Gunay, 2012/09/24. Public beta release.
- More stable support for reading ABF and reading/writing
Neuron binary and text files.
- Lots of new utility functions.
- Many bugfixes thanks to new users (e.g., Vladislav Sekulic,
Anca Doloc-Mihu), so more options and stable operation for
recordings from different organisms and systems.
- Took Readgenbin out as an independent tool (see it on
- Support for voltage and current-clamp data as paired
traces and related tools. VC data is used for Hodgkin-Huxley
type channel data fitting.
- Better unit support for data fitting and plots.
- Better handling of NaNs in database operations.
- New data measurements like "time to 1st spike".
- Improved KL divergence calculation.
- Optimized DB indexing and addressing operations, sped up 50x.
- uniqueValues now preserves row order.
- Improved use of NNet and SVM classifiers
v1_2b: Cengiz Gunay, 2008/10/31. Public beta "Halloween" release with
bugfixes and support for NeuroShare-compatible files.
- NeuroShare support to load many acquisition formats in Windows
(see http://neuroshare.org). Included DLLs and utility functions.
- Regular expression support in querying and indexing databases.
- Added convenience 'group by' functionality similar to that of SQL's
- Added citation reminder in license document
- Included missing files for the filtering-based spike finder
- Plot improvements:
- histogram bar plots
- Blank plot objet are properly handled.
- Workaround for compatibility with compiz-fusion.
- Made CGMPLOT an optionally separate package (see website).
- New stacked 3D image plot.
- Proper handling of line colors in superposed plots.
- Joins better handle NaNs and accept multiple pages.
- Defaults changed for balancing classifier input probabilities.
- website update, created example files for Neuroinformatics manuscript
- Major bugfix to invarValues for asymmetric databases.
- Improved HDF5 handling by Li Su and CG. Several changes and additions.
- Can now merge old (PCDX) and new (HDF5) recorded bundles
v1_1b: Cengiz Gunay, 2008/02/11. Public beta bugfix and feature release.
Warning: old physiol_cip_traceset_fileset objects will be incompatible and will have to be re-created.
- Added SQL import/export functions using Matlab Database Toolbox.
- improved HDF5 acquisition data and metadata import with ns_load_traces.
- simplified database + dataset bundle generation from raw physiology data.
- Tom Sangrey added customized Butterworth filters for traces
sampled at rates other than 10KHz.
- Li Su provided bugfix to his improved findspikes routine.
- Added examples to manual.
- Added missing functions such as gettracelist2
- improved plotting:
- Improved chan_db plots.
- Improved doc_plot, can reference using labels now.
- histogram plots can normalize.
- plot_stack can now find maximal ranges.
- can display database values with boxplots.
- Other miscellaneous plot enhancements.
- Major bugfix for NaNs in compareRows, joinRows, princomp, and plotScatter
- added several new overloaded operators to tests_db, such as unique, sqrt, uminus
- Documentation update.
- can make a database from matlab structure.
- added spike width calculation at a fixed voltage.
- changed the way joinRows uses parameters.
- added tests_db/approxMappingNNet function that uses the Neural Network Toolbox.
- added option to balance input probabilities of classes to map.
v1_0b: Cengiz Gunay, 2007/10/10. First public beta release
- moved to subversion control from CVS
- organized files into subdirectories
- included all additional utilities
- made a installable package available for download
- added a Academic Free License and copyright statement
- supports NeuroSAGE HDF5 input files for recorded physiology data
- can load from subdirectories in params_tests_fileset
- misc improvements of plotting functions (margins, titles, etc.)
- added examples into manual
- allow using covariance matrix for calculating Mahalonobis distance in ranking
- new function to find a ll best matching neurons
- support inset plots at arbitrary axis locations
- extend querying to allow columns and pages. also better optimized.
- added support for plotting channel variables
- improved cluster job submission
v0_10b: Cengiz Gunay, 2007/03/22. Beta version.
- automated function reference generation from Matlab source for PDF and HTML manuals
- revamped plot generation by making plot_abstract solely responsible for frame
- superposition of stacked plots now possible
- several improvements to plotting
- added algebraic operations to tests_db including transposition
- improved comparative analysis of 3D DBs
- started using arrays rather than cell arrays during analysis to simplify calls
- new layouts for plotting neurons, flexible selection of traces to display
- misc new database operations, such as enumerating unique values
- improved firing frequency plot
- generic 2D image plots
- added parameter to load parameter files with different trial numbers
- added a utils/ directory for external programs
- added support for loading binary Neuron files, compressed Genesis files.
v0_9b: Cengiz Gunay, 2006/02/15. Beta version.
- Improved plotting in many ways including with self-resizing plots.
- Vectorized many functions to operate on multiple inputs.
- Improved spike shape measurements based on results from new morphologies.
- Optimized for memory usage in merging, joining and ranking databases.
- Compatibility issues with Matlab R14.3 fixed.
- Added the concept of a bundle of a dataset and DB.
- Allow comments in physiol cell files by Tom Sangrey.
- Moved props out of spike_shape, into base class trace.
- Added automated document generators that can hold plots or tables, etc.
- Organized and automated how ranking documents are generated and added more plots.
- Added specialized plot that can do f-I curves and similar plots.
- Added script_array and subclasses to do automated analysis on the cluster.
- Added .genflac support.
- Allow adding files to existing filesets and loading DBs of added files only.
- Added presets for comparing a limited set of measures and specify weighting.
- Allow modifying DB contents with paren addressing rows and columns.
v0_8b: Cengiz Gunay, 2005/10/19. Beta version that has improved analysis and
plotting functionality, and documentation. Database object format
has changed, which makes this revision binary incompatible with
earlier created DB and dataset objects.
v0_7b: Cengiz Gunay, 2005/05/04. Beta version that analyzes each spike individually
and uses improved threshold finding method.
v0_6b: Cengiz Gunay & Jeremy Edgerton, 2005/03/14. Beta version that can
load physiology filesets with pharmacology data.
v0_5b: Cengiz Gunay, 2005/01/25. Beta version that can work with PCDX files.
v0_4b: Cengiz Gunay, 2005/01/11. Beta version with pulse spike
characteristics and database matching tools.
v0_2b: Cengiz Gunay, 2004/09/16. Beta version of fileset and db classes.
v0_1b: Cengiz Gunay, Aug, 2004. Beta version of base classes trace, spikes,
spike_shape, period, and cip_trace.